The Leasing Foundation’s Third Annual Conference was hosted and sponsored by Siemens Financial Services. The event started with an afternoon of one-hour industry retreats on:
- Internet of Things (“IoT”) technologies in the leasing industry, in collaboration with Newcastle University;
- the Foundation’s leadership programme, The Leasing Foundation Future Leaders;
- new challenges for human resources professionals in the industry through the HR Professionals Network;
- the Foundation’s Gender Diversity Scorecard;
- the Young Leasing Professionals Network, aimed at those building careers in the industry.
During the conference reception, sponsored by Hexaware and with entertainment sponsored by Bibby Leasing, the launch of Me&MND immediately raised over £5,000 in pledges, with more pledges arriving throughout and following the conference. We would like to thank Close Brothers and Close Brothers Leasing for their support.
If you pledged to buy a copy of the book, please visit http://mnd.leasingfoundation.org/ to fulfill your pledge for your book.
The second day of the conference was an eclectic mix of interactive short talks from:
- Josh Webster, Porche Carrera Cup GB Champion (sponsored by Close Brothers);
- Louise Hadland, Group HR Director for Shoosmiths, on sustaining an employer brand (sponsored by Shoosmiths);
- Shaun Stafford, WBFF European & World Fitness Champion (sponsored by CHP Consulting);
- Adrian Webster, business author and speaker (sponsored by CIT Group);
- Guy Smith from Cisco Capital on the internet of everything (sponsored by Cisco Capital);
- Martin Powell, Head of Urban Development for Siemens;
- and Richard Saulet on Metro Bank’s culture and development (sponsored by Metro Bank).